Prof. Dr hab. Jan Antosiewicz
Division of Biophysics
Institute of Experimental Physics
University of Warsaw
Zwirki i Wigury 93, 02-089 Warsaw, Poland
Phone: +48 22 5540786
Current research interests
- Application and development of stopped-flow, laser flash photolysis, brownian dynamics and molecular dynamics methods to study electrostatic and hydrodynamic effects in kinetics of molecular association and molecular dynamics.
- Constant-pH molecular dynamics and molecular electrostatics simulations of proteins and protein-ligand systems.
- Analysis of macromolecular structures and their dynamics in solution by quantitative electro-optics.
- Investigation of protein-ligand association by stacionary and transient near and far UV CD spectroscopy, in particular to proteins binding analogs of 5'-end of m-RNA.
|1978 - 1986||Department of Biophysics, Warsaw University, Warsaw, Poland; Research Associate|
|1986 - 1988||Max Planck Institut für biophysikalische Chemie, Goettingen, Germany; Postdoctoral Research Associate.|
|1988 - 1992||Department of Biophysics, Warsaw University, Warsaw, Poland; Adjunct.|
|1992 - 1995||Institute for Molecular Design, University of Houston, Houston, Texas, USA; Postdoctoral Research Associate; and Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, USA; Visiting Assistant Research Chemist.|
|1995 - 2001||Department of Biophysics, Warsaw University, Warsaw, Poland; Adjunct.|
|2002 -||Department of Biophysics, Warsaw University, Warsaw, Poland; Professor|
Selected publications (2011-2015)
- J. M. Antosiewicz, D. Shugar, Poisson-Boltzmann continuum-solvation model: Applications to pH-dependent properties of biomolecules, Mol. BioSyst., 7:2923-2949 (2011)
- M. Dlugosz, J. M. Antosiewicz, P. Zielinski, J. Trylska, Contributions of Far-Field Hydrodynamic Interactions to the Kinetics of Electrostatically Driven Molecular Association, J. Phys. Chem. B, 116:5437-5447 (2012)
- M. Dlugosz, J. M. Antosiewicz, Anisotropic diffusion effects on the barnase-barstar encounter kinetics, J. Chem. Theory Comp., 9:1667-1677 (2013)
- M. Dlugosz, J. M. Antosiewicz, Hydrodynanamic effects on the relative rotational velocity of associating proteins, J. Phys. Chem. B, 117:6167-6174 (2013)
- Z. Gasik, D. Shugar, J. M. Antosiewicz, Resolving Differences in Substrate Specificities between Human and Parasite Phosphoribosyltransferases via Analysis of Functional Groups of Substrates and Receptors, Current Pharmaceutical Design, 19:4226-4240 (2013)
- M. Dlugosz, J. M. Antosiewicz, Evaluation of proteins' rotational diffusion coefficients from simulations of their free Brownian motion in volume-occupied environments, J. Chem. Theory Comp., 10:481-491 (2014)
- M. Dlugosz, J. M. Antosiewicz, Transient effects of molecular crowding on translational diffusion of anisotropic molecules, J. Chem. Theory Comp., 10:2583-2590 (2014)
- J. Wierzchowski, J. M. Antosiewicz, D. Shugar, 8-Azapurines as isosteric purine fluorescent probes for nucleic acid and enzymatic research, Molecular BioSystems, 10:2756-2774 (2014)
- M. Dlugosz, J. M. Antosiewicz, Toward accurate modeling of hydrodynamic effects on the translational and rotational dynamics of biomolecules in many-body systems, J. Phys. Chem. B, 119:8425-8439 (2015)